Date: 7/1/18 11:16 am
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] Ochoco Mtns: Buffleheads at historic nesting site (Crook), Spotted Towhee and Orange-crowned Warbler at Aspen Springs (Wheeler)
There are at least two broods of Bufflehead chicks present now on the
Redmond Sewer Ponds.

> At Peterson Creek Reservoir on the NE edge of Big Summit Prairie, Martha
> spotted two ducks which turned out to be female (or immature?)
> BUFFLEHEADS. This was interesting because in May of 2001 I watched the
> female of a pair fly into a cavity in an old dead snag at this same
> spot. At the time, this was one of the strongest indications of
> Buffleheads nesting in Oregon, outside of the Cascades. That snag is no
> longer standing but perhaps Buffleheads are still using this site.
>

> Good birding,
> Joel

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com