Date: 6/30/18 7:49 am
From: Jack Maynard <jmaynard...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Birding Buddies
I just want to chime in and say that I’ve been using this Slack app that Tom speaks of since he last mentioned it. It’s pretty terrific and easy to use. All it lacks are some more users.
It’s not a replacement for OBOL but a nice addition. I like it for side conversations, discussions and observations that may not meet my threshold for something I need to drop into 1400 people’s email boxes.

Hope to see more of you there!

Jack Maynard
NE PDX

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 6:57 AM, Tom Wnuk <twnuk...> wrote:
>
> Paul Adamus, Peter Barnes, Katie McInnis, and OBOL community,
>
> In response to how can we better organize as a community and from a purely collaborative and social perspective, I believe I have a solution for us. As previously mentioned here, and using a relatively new collaboration tool called Slack, I created a workspace for Oregon Birders.
>
> The web address is: https://oregonbirding.slack.com/
>
> You can use this link to signup:
> https://join.slack.com/t/oregonbirding/shared_invite/enQtMzkwMzUwNDEwOTEzLWUwYTFkOTc4MDMzNDM1NjQ0ODYyZTVlZTRiMjk5ODlhOWNhODUwZTViZTIwNDg1N2U0NDBlZWVkMWIwMGIzMGU
>
> Getting started video here:
> https://youtu.be/9RJZMSsH7-g
>
> Not only do they have a website but they also have apps for all devices including desktop apps for Mac’s & PC’s as well as mobile apps for iphones, ipads, and android devices.
>
> I’ve setup some default Channels such as #birdingbuddy where you can communicate with anyone or you can always send direct messages to individuals, your call.
>
> I can go on about features and endless ideas on how we could use this as a community but would encourage you to give it a try. It is free.
>

> thanks
> -tom

Join us on Facebook!