Date: 6/28/18 2:35 pm
From: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Red Phase E. Screech Owl??
Power rangers morph. Morph defines changing. As you morph from gray to red.
Peterson spoke of phases that were permanent. But the fad of the month club
decided that morph is best even though it is grammatically inaccurate. It
was originally used for ants and wasps to describe workers, queens and
drones who can be changed by diet. A dry wood termite colony that loses a
queen can get a new queen by feeding a worker specially chewed food and it
morphs into a queen.

Or to be grammatically accurate a red screech owl would morph to gray as it
gradually replace the red feathers with gray feathers. But the color is
genetically permanent based on the genes of the parent and the genes do not
change nor does the color change.

--
Joseph C. Kennedy
on Buffalo Bayou in West Houston