Date: 6/27/18 9:12 am
From: Nathan Pieplow <npieplow...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Singing Cordilleran Flycatcher, Lafayette, Boulder
On the topic of montane species nesting in lowland areas: a pair of
Gray-headed Juncos apparently nested in the middle of Boulder this spring,
on the creek behind the Basemar shopping center (same spot where the Varied
Thrush and Black-throated Blue Warbler were hanging out last fall). I saw
an adult singing persistently there on 5/10 and 5/30, and found the adult
tending a brown streaky juvenile on 6/15.

Looks like Andy Belt reported a Gray-headed Junco at Rocky Mountain Arsenal
on 6/19, too.

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder