Date: 6/26/18 2:49 pm
From: Matt Conn <mconn...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Paris road chalmette
I can attest that the vegetation to a small degree, and the fisheries are definitely getting fresher within the entire Orleans Land Bridge (marsh between Chef Menteur Pass and the Rigolets) , Largemouth Bass and Red Eared Sunfish are now very abundant there. Cattails are popping up in some patches within the solid Spartina marsh areas. And our monitoring of salinity levels has shown a decrease in salinity over the last two years. We have been creating marsh there and monitoring for a number of years....in our off time at the camp that we rent, we fish. So strange to catch numerous Bass, Perch, Trout, redfish, flounder, all in the same boat slip on the same day...but we have done it with regularity! I have not noticed a difference in the avian fauna, mostly the same species for the last 10 years but will be watching very closely now. We monitor quarterly so will be on the lookout. David, maybe you would care to tag along on one of our next monitoring events out there?