Date: 6/26/18 8:06 am
From: Nathan Pieplow <npieplow...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Brewer's Sparrow, Guanella Pass, Clear Creek County
Susan et al.,

Last I knew, there was no evidence that the Brewer's Sparrows occasionally
found above treeline in Colorado belong to the "Timberline" subspecies. All
available evidence suggested that these were typical Brewer's Sparrows that
sometimes nest at high elevations (possibly for a second nesting attempt).
As far as I am aware, the southern limit of breeding "Timberline" Brewer's
Sparrows is in the Glacier National Park area of northern Montana.

That said, it's always a good idea to get a recording of interesting birds
like this!

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder