Date: 6/25/18 6:16 pm
From: Nancy Rock <nancyroc...>
Subject: Re: CACH and a banana
I've never seen that, but last year I had a hummingbird feeding off a watermelon rind I had thrown out in the yard. No sign of bugs on the melon, so apparently he was drinking from it.

Birds are so cool.

Nancy Rock
Shell Knob, Barry Co.

On June 25, 2018, at 6:16 PM, Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> wrote:

A Carolina chickadee enjoyed the inside peel
of a banana yesterday morning. 6-24-18.
It ate for several minutes. After it left it may
have had a crop full ! For fun, I checked.
Fruit is in their literature. We'll add banana !
No ants or gnats were on the banana.
Anyone else noticed this behavior before ?
Larry, in Joplin. 6-25-18.
Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...><mailto:<certhia13...>

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>

ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia