Date: 6/25/18 2:10 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 6/29 - new Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp
It's that time of year - time to purchase your new Duck Stamp.

Your Stamp allows you free entrance for the year to any National
Wildlife Refuge that charges a fee and your purchase goes to land
conservation.  You can purchase them at your refuge, post office and
through many of our local bird clubs as well as the ABA.

The first day of sale is 6/29.

Below is some info from the Brookline Bird Club site, along with some links:

https://www.brooklinebirdclub.org/bbc-news/2017-18-federal-duck-stamps-on-sale-now/

Below is additional info.

Buy your Stamp to support your National Wildlife Refuges!

Barbara Volkle

Northboeugh, MA

<barb620...>

*

Support National Wildlife Refuges through Duck Stamps.

You can now purchase your Stamp through the Brookline Bird Club. We also
have Brookline Bird Club Duck Stamp holders/keychains available for sale.

The current Stamp is valid from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019. Entrance
to any national wildlife refuge in the United States is FREE when you
show your Stamp.
As birders, we treasure our birding visits to national wildlife refuges
locally and nationally. Of the 26 refuges in New England, 11 are in
Massachusetts, including Parker River, Monomoy, Great Meadows, Oxbow,
and Assabet River. By purchasing a Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and
Conservation Stamp each year, often referred to as the Duck Stamp, we
contribute to the purchase or leasing of newly protected lands.

Sales of the Stamp have generated more than $900 million for
conservation since 1934. For every dollar you spend on Stamps,
ninety-eight cents goes directly to protecting vital wetland habitat as
part of the National Wildlife Refuge System. Your Stamp will also
provide admission to refuges charging entrance fees, such as Parker
River. With our large membership, purchasing a $25 Stamp can make a
significant contribution to the continued protection of these important
habitats.

The cost of the Stamp went from $15 to $25 in for the 2015 – 2016 Stamp.
The price increase of $10 will be dedicated to conservation easements.
In this way, an estimated additional $16 million per year could be made
available for habitat in the National Wildlife Refuge System. The price
was last raised in 1991 and this increase is seen as a way to keep up
with inflation and with increases in land prices.

For more information about the National Wildlife Refuge System, go to
Fish & Wildlife <http://www.fws.gov/refuges/>. For more information on
the Stamp, go to the FWS Duck Stamp page
<http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/>. The site Friends of the Stamp
<http://www.friendsofthestamp.org/> features Stamp news, links, a
calendar of upcoming events, and more.

You can also continue to buy your stamp at refuge offices, post offices,
and refuge admission booths or online from USPS <http://www.usps.com/>
or www.duckstamp.com <http://www.duckstamp.com/> .

To purchase your Stamp through the Brookline Bird Club, send a $25 check
made payable to:  Brookline Bird Club.  Include a stamped,
self-addressed envelop and send to:  Mark Nelson, BBC Treasurer, 71
Winthrop Ave., Reading, MA  01867.

Holders/keychains are $ 2 each. Please, NO self-addressed stamped
envelope with any order containing a holder since they will require
additional packaging!

Join us in supporting our national wildlife refuges and this important
conservation program by buying a Stamp today!

Join us on Facebook!