Date: 6/25/18 12:47 pm
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Northern Parulas in CT
Thanks for that Chris. Another piece of the puzzle regarding where nesting
has occurred or hasn't. Just speculating here but, in many species the
female chooses the site for nest building. I'll have to look into whether
that is known for Parulas or not since I don't know off-hand, but if so,
some singing males may be unsuccessful simply because they have chosen a
location with little or none of the desired lichen and thus failed to
attract a mate. I did not see a significant amount of Old Man's Beard in
the immediate area of the singing male I found this weekend, and I
deliberately looked for it.

Dave