Date: 6/25/18 6:11 am
From: Joe Roller <jroller9...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Dr. Alex Cruz
Thanks for letting us know this sad news, Scott.

Dr. Cruz was an unassuming, gentle man, a teacher and mentor who touched
the lives
of so many.
I first met him on the last day of October, 1976, when he invited birders
to visit his feeders in North Boulder to see a real rarity, a Cape May
Warbler.
That tiny, dull, drab, fall female got us pretty excited.

I last saw Alex at the 2010 CFO Convention, when he humbly accepted
CFO's most prestigious award, the Ron Ryder Award.

Please send us a link to any obituary or information about plans for a
memorial service.

Joe Roller, Denver