Date: 6/24/18 10:50 am
From: Jim Nelson <kingfishers2...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Robin and Black-headed Grosbeak songs
Bob,

My wife and I had a similar experience also in RMNP at nearby Hollowell
Park on an evening walk in early June.  There were many Robins in the
ponderosa pines uphill from the trail singing, and one was doing a very
Black-headed Grosbeak-like song.  There were also some Black-headed
Grosbeaks around, mostly in the willows down by the stream, but some
flying up to the ponderosas.  It is interesting to speculate whether
hearing Grosbeaks singing influences song development in nearby Robins.

Jim Nelson

Bethesda, Maryland