Date: 6/22/18 6:33 pm
From: Ron Kingston via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] 24th Annual PURPLE MARTIN FIELD DAY Will be held tomorrow ! ! ! ! 23JUN

We ARE planning on having the event, but we cannot park
at the site - the parking field is mud. See Website for instructions

the 24th Annual Purple Martin Field Day

Date: Tomorrow, June 23, 2018

<http://www.purplemartinfieldday.org>
www.purplemartinfieldday.org

We are scheduling a full program! Plan to arrive before 11:00 a.m. so you
won't miss the Door Prize give-away (including free GOURDS!) and the
beginning of the presentations.

Lance Wood and several other speakers will teach you how to get martins, get
more martins, and manage them properly so you won't lose them.

Which martin housing is the safest?-gourds or houses? Do Virginia martins
like gourds or houses better? COME AND FIND OUT!!!

You will learn how to protect martins from snakes, hawks, owls, raccoons,
House Sparrows, Starlings, wind damage, and lightning, as well as how to
grow gourds and turn them into martin homes. You'll receive free equipment
catalogs and literature about martin attraction and management. Bring a bag
lunch to eat while you listen to the presentations and watch the martins
feeding their nestlings! Then visit with other martin-lovers!-including
landlords who post on the PMCA Forum and Facebook page!

See <http://www.purplemartinfieldday.org> www.purplemartinfieldday.org for
directions, photos, and to find out what to bring (and NOT to bring!)