Date: 6/22/18 6:26 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: OR Willow flycatcher populations
As far as I know brewsteri is the subspecies north of roughly Douglas County and west of the Cascade summit. Is that what you’re looking at? The s. side of Fern Ridge Reservoir near Eugene has a number of breeding pairs. Access points are described in the site guide on the East Cascades Audubon Society web site:

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2c5973_0647c28be6d747ff86b65248ec3d820f.pdf

Royal Avenue usually has a pair or two near the gate. One or two pairs can be found at the sw corner of Perkins Peninsula Park where the old boardwalk went to die, just south of the swimming area.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Jun 22, 2018, at 6:08 PM, Sean Mahoney <sm2275...> wrote:
>
> Hi OBA,
>
> I am a PhD student working on willow flycatcher (Empidonax traillii) song variation. I will be in Oregon during the last week of June and first week in July and would like to know of reliable sites with stable populations of the brewsteri subspecies. Can you please create a post (or let me know how to do this) to this effect?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean Mahoney
> Northern Arizona University

Join us on Facebook!