Date: 6/21/18 7:04 pm
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Great Meadows Evening 6/19 and 6/20
I concentrated on the path where the Common Gallinule has been mostly, if not totally, just heard, i.e. not seen at all. I also went down the dike.

Green Heron 1 Borden Pond (back pond)
Osprey 1 both evenings

COMMON GALLINULE 1 9:00 called 6/19 only
Virginia Rail 2 both evenings near gallinule spot "poison ivy bench"
Great Horned Owl 1 9:00 p.m. flew by me and landed in tree next to "poison ivy bench"
Willow Flycatcher 3 two singing after 9:00 p.m.!
Yellow-throated Vireo 1 a bit before "poison ivy bench" singing for a good while perhaps while on nest? (for I saw no movement at all)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 1
Orchard Oriole 2 Borden Pond (back pond)
FIREFLY 200 WOW! NEVER HAVE I SEEN SO MANY

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston

Join us on Facebook!