Date: 6/20/18 10:27 am
From: Bill Eddleman <eddlemanw...>
Subject: Re: Bootheel Whistling Ducks/Scissor-tail
That should be "north of the road."
----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

From: WILLIAM R EDDLEMAN <eddlemanw...>
To: <MOBIRDS-L...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:19 PM

Perhaps a yearling? The habitat birth of the road is not far off what you’d expect.

Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 20, 2018, at 12:05 PM, Ida <idad...> wrote:

Black-bellied Whistling Ducks continue, 7 as of this morning (6/20/18), just off Nash Road in Cape County near the Port Authority. The Scissor-tailed Flycatcher was also in evidence as reported, 1.5 miles west on Rt. U out of Blodgett, coming from Rt. H.    This one puzzles me a bit, as I saw several Scissor-tails last weekend in NW Arkansas, and none were in similar habitat.  This one is on a phone wire above short trees, with a starkly-bare plowed field across the road.  Perhaps there is a nest, and that nest was built while the field was in a crop?  I’ve seen them usually near a plowed meadow environment. Ida DomazlickyCape County
Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / Email the list ownersABA Birding Code of EthicsASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia Details and Online RegistrationThe Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum
Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / Email the list ownersABA Birding Code of EthicsASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia Details and Online Registration

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia