Date: 6/20/18 9:14 am
From: Donna Lee Scott <dls9...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Brown Thrasher trapped in garage
? Put big shallow pan of water (1" deep water) on floor near door. Maybe thrasher will come to drink then fly out.

This morning at 6:30 I saw one of "my" brown thrashers in a dark place in a bush. We looked at each other for a while. Nice start to day.

Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2018, at 9:22 PM, Melanie Uhlir <melanie...><mailto:<melanie...>> wrote:

Welp. Yeah. That's the only thing we could think of. I just want the bird to be okay and not get dehydrated in there.

On 6/19/2018 8:34 PM, Regi Teasley wrote:
Maybe just leave the garage open and give it space?

Regi

Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living. Mother Jones

On Jun 19, 2018, at 8:32 PM, Melanie Uhlir <melanie...><mailto:<melanie...>> wrote:

I was thrilled to see a Brown Thrasher in our yard, until one went into the garage and didn't come out! Fledgling, maybe? There is a second, very concerned, Brown Thrasher calling anxiously. This second bird has some kind of larva in its mouth.

Anyone know the best way to coax a bird out of the upper part of a garage?!?!

Anxiously awaiting advice!

Melanie

Freeville

ARCHIVES: