Date: 6/19/18 6:59 am
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] Dead finches?

"My" House Finches are OK. She should call ODFW and see if they will
take one of the dead birds for testing.

And, just in case it is salmonella, she should take down all feeders and
water features and clean with a weak bleach solution and hold off on
feeding for a while. Some diseases around feeders are contagious,
rampant among siskins and finches especially. Details here.

http://wildbirdsunlimited.typepad.com/the_zen_birdfeeder/2013/02/if-youre-seeing-sick-or-dying-pine-siskins.html

Or google for more info.

I hope she figures it out and gets things fixed. Judy,
<jmeredit...>

On 06-18-2018 23:17, Black-Tanski wrote:

> Was just thinking today that I have not seen a house finch for quite awhile in mid-town Bend. We miss(ed) their song.
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:03 PM, Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos...> wrote:
>
>> One of my birders here at Crooked River Ranch has found a number of dead House Finches in her yard. On examination they appear to be starved. No obvious damage to the body, no broken neck (from windows). They all look emaciated. Anyone else seeing the same?
>>
>> Kevin Smith

Links:
------