Date: 6/18/18 6:38 am
From: Fred and Chris Pratt <pipit...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Unusual singer!
Don't forget that even your ears aren't what they used to be! But the
variations in songs among individuals of the same species (and indeed of
the same individual) are pretty scary from the point of view of safely
identifying the singer. Liz mentions three well-known culprits
(Chestnut-sided, Yellow, and American Redstart) and intimates a fourth
(Yellow-rumped). I would add Magnolia to the list - a multiple songster
whose repertoire can overlap that of the American Redstart.

poor puzzled Pipit

Join us on Facebook!