Date: 6/13/18 1:06 pm
From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Unid. flycatcher, Alton Baker Park, Eugene
Really tough from that angle, but I think I can make out an orange lower
mandible, which rules out western kingbird. I would expect a western
kingbird to have more yellow on the belly than the light wash this bird
appears to show too. Long primary projection leans towards western
wood-pewee over any empids that would have that general overall coloration
and bill length. I can't make out much or any of an eyering either from
this photo, but it could be there. Looks odd too for a pewee though with a
shortish bill for that species, strange posture (for a WWPE), and quite
pale overall. Possibly due to viewing angle and the photo being a little
overexposed? Tough call.

Philip Kline

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018, 10:34 AM Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
wrote:

> No sense of scale. I vote Western Kingbird. Yellow belly,gray head and
> chest. No primary projection: wingtips about even with base of tail.lpn
>
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018, 10:03 AM Bruce Newhouse <newhouse...> wrote:
>
>> I'm posting this for a friend, who saw this bird June 9 in Alton Baker
>> Park in Eugene.
>>
>> She is requesting ID assistance.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Bruce Newhouse in Eugene
>>
>> http://brucen.zenfolio.com/p836331851
>>

>> <http://brucen.zenfolio.com/p836331851>
>>

>> POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN OR QUIT:
>> http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
>> www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
>> <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!