Date: 6/13/18 4:35 am
From: Julie Hart via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Listener beware Southington Cerulean turned into a Black Throated Blue
I also have high-end hearing loss and have a Songfinder. It not only helps with the high-pitched sounds, but also with figuring out the direction of sounds. It is so much easier to find the birds when you can tell direction and height. The Songfinder made it really easy for me to find singing Blackpolls in migration this spring.

Because my hearing in the human voice range is fine, audiologists have deterred me from hearing aids. The Songfinder has been a lifesaver. Hurray for grasshoppers and crickets, kinglets and waxwings, and those pesky Blackpolls!

-Julie