Date: 6/12/18 2:33 pm
From: Paul Plotnick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Listener beware. A Southington Cerulean turned, into a Black-throated Blue
As another (very) senior birder, I too have a hearing loss on the high
notes produced by some warblers and others. On the suggestion of Frank
Mantlik, I invested in a Songfinder device and I'm amazed at what I was
missing - in fact, I'm overwhelmed at times as it picks up crickets and
chipmunks as well as birds. It's not cheap at $750.00 but much cheaper than
a set of hearing aids for sure. Runs on a couple of AA batteries.

Paul Plotnick