Date: 6/10/18 7:41 pm
From: Ken Copenhaver <copenhvr...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Missisquoi NWR Bird Monitoring Walk
Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday June16, 2018 on the
Old Railroad Passage Trail. Meet at 8:00 AM at the refuge parking lot on
Tabor Rd, about 1 mile south of the refuge Visitor Center. If you have any
questions, email me at <copenhvr...>

The monthly walks gather long-term data on the presence of birds, their
abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will be
entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Ken
Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife
Refuge board members.

After 98 months of walks we have observed 152 species. (In May we added an
Orchard Oriole to the list.) Hope to see you there!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit:
http://friendsofmissisquoi.org/

Join us on Facebook!