Date: 6/10/18 4:13 pm
From: Edge Wade <edgew...>
Subject: Re: Western Kingbird Concordia, Mo
A big thank you and a tip of the birding cap to Ruth for sharing her Concordia Western Kingbird find. It was just the impetus I needed to get off the couch and face the heat.

I got to the Concordia McDonalds (northwest corner of I-70 exit 58) at 1:42 and saw the bird on the power line behind the dumpster as I drove in.
I parked by the dumpster and watched. A utility pole with three transformers was about 10 feet from the kingbird on the line. I couldn't see a nest. Just as I was about to get out and look closer, a second bird flew in and disappeared behind a transformer.

I left her sitting on the nest, neatly tucked in on the west side of the pole, surrounded by the transformers. Perfect digs for Western Kingbirds.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
<edgew...>