Date: 6/8/18 11:21 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Distribution of noble fir in the Coast Range???
Just for general info, the Oregon plant atlas is a superb tool for figuring
out plant distribution in the state. All you have to do is put in the
scientific name (like Abies procera for noble fir) and it will print a map
with all known sites in the state (vouchered that is). In Coos and Curry
there is no noble fir. The confusing tree that appears to look like noble
is actually a grand fir/white fir cross. Kind of a messy area for true fir!
Anyhow if you just google oregon plant atlas you can get a quick accurate
distribution for most species in Oregon except for rare ones where location
info is purposely not shared with the general public.

Happy botanizing!
Tim Rodenkirk

Join us on Facebook!