Date: 6/8/18 7:24 am
From: Donna Lee Scott <dls9...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Clear cutting under powerlines
This happened w/NYSEG here before leaf-out in spring.
Also Tn of Lansing did along Lansing Station /Algerine/Bill George Roads before leaf-out. So ok for birds here, but bad where you all are!

Donna Scott
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:09 AM, Poppy Singer <poppysinger.ithaca...><mailto:<poppysinger.ithaca...>> wrote:

Same thing happened here in Ellis Hollow last summer.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Karen Edelstein <kle2...><mailto:<kle2...>> wrote:
I was dismayed to see that NYSEG has been clearcutting/brush-hogging vegetation down to bare ground under the powerlines on Salmon Creek Rd. With the nesting season still well in process, I'm very concerned about the probable mortality of birds that has resulted in this area of (formerly) dense growth.

While I do not know whether this vegetation removal is happening elsewhere in the county, I would like to see if we can prevail on NYSEG to delay cutting at least until later in the summer.

Your thoughts?

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/