Date: 6/7/18 6:40 pm
From: Long Island Birding <michaelzito...>
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Nickerson Beach - Possible Common Tern (longipennis) Species - Comments and thoughts welcome
Hello Shai and everyone,
Thanks so much for your detailed response Shai. I changed the listing to
Common Tern and added one more picture with more of a side view, but
unfortunately I wasn't able to get a flight shot or any shots with the
wings spread open. I am curious if this bird will reach more of the
classic breeding plumage that I am used to seeing or remain dark and how
that might affect its ability to breed this year. I do also think the legs
are a bit darker than the pictures let on. There was another interesting
bird yesterday that was speculated to be an adult common tern showing
retarded plumage, however it looked quite different than the one in my
report and resembled more of a second summer tern. Thank you again for
shedding some light on this Shai!
Mike Z.

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01