Date: 6/7/18 4:19 am
From: Bob Bailey <bohemewarbler...>
Subject: SLAS Field Trip to Weldon Spring CA trails, Saturday, June 9
WHAT: St. Louis area field trip, half day to about noon, sponsored by St. Louis Audubon Society.
WHEN: Saturday, June 9
WHERE: Meet at the parking lot for the Blue Grosbeak Trail, Weldon Spring CA. Take US 40/I-64 west across the Missouri River to MO-94. Exit there, turn left, go across the overpass, and proceed about 3/4 of a mile to the first parking lot on your left.
MEETING TIME: 5:45 a.m. (that's not a typo)
PLAN: We will walk in the Blue Grosbeak Trail and look for some of the typical breeding birds of that area: Blue Grosbeak, Bell's Vireo, Orchard Oriole, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat. We'll then make a pit stop at Busch CA to the Fallen Oak Trail, seeking Pine Warbler, then maybe stop along HWY D to access Weldon Spring Interpretive Center (behind "Mount Doom") to seek Henslow's Sparrow, Grasshopper Sparrow, Prairie Warbler, and Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, before continuing down 94 to the Lost Valley Trail for various Eastern woodland songbirds.
WHO: Everyone is welcome, non-members of St. Louis Audubon Society too, beginner or advanced.
CONDITIONS: Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted as we get closer. Sunscreen, bug spray, water and a snack are good ideas.
Bob Bailey, Field Trip Leader
St. Louis, MO
<bohemewarbler...>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/