Date: 6/5/18 8:23 pm
From: Linnea Garrepy <mwtic...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Black-bellied Whistling Ducks, Richville Pond, Shoreham Depot Rd, Shoreham
Wow.

Do you think they're released?

________________________________
From: Vermont Birds <VTBIRD...> on behalf of Ron Payne <rpayne72...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 1:59:08 AM
To: <VTBIRD...>

I know a lot of people know about this from their eBird alerts, but it's still a good idea to post rare bird sightings here as well.

Two Black-bellied Whistling Ducks were found this morning on Richville Pond off Shoreham Depot Rd, in Shoreham by Wesley Butler and were posted to eBird at this checklist:

https://ebird.org/vt/view/checklist/S46322801

Several birders also reported them throughout the day, and they were last seen as far as I know, at 7:30 PM by myself and others. It's important to note that the road sign for Shoreham Depot Rd. at the intersection with Richville Rd. is missing. It's a bit of a blind turn at the top of a hill. There is a parking area on the west side of the road. Best views of the birds were from the old covered rail bridge which you will find at the end of the trail off the parking lot. The bridge acted as a very effective blind to look at the birds from.

Good luck if you go. I Hope they stick around.

---
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT

Join us on Facebook!