Date: 6/5/18 5:40 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RFI: Native North American Breeding Range Expansion into Oregon
I think Anna’s Hummingbird has to be the winner here. They now tally hundreds on the Victoria, B.C. Christmas Bird Count and have for some time. If Barred Owl weren’t nocturnal and we could better appreciate their density it would likely be the runner-up. Both of these species far outpace Black Phoebe in terms if both geographic distribution and numbers in Oregon.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2018, at 5:28 PM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...><mailto:<acontrer56...>> wrote:

I think we’re only looking at native North American species that breed in Oregon now.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...><mailto:<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com<http://www.alanlcontreras.com>

On Jun 5, 2018, at 5:26 PM, Tom Crabtree <tc...><mailto:<tc...>> wrote:

I would add Lesser Goldfinch and Great-tailed Grackle. Starling if you go back to the 50s. Euro-trash Doves probably exceed everything but the latter.

Tom Crabtree, Bend