Date: 6/2/18 4:00 pm
From: Kathleen Krall <krallfamily...>
Subject: [obol] Oregon Birding Association (OBA) Annual Meeting, Garibaldi, Tillamook County, September 28-30, 2018
Join us on the Oregon coast! Tillamook County is the site of the next annual meeting of the Oregon Birding Association (OBA), September 28-30, 2018, at the Old Mill RV Park and Event Center in Garibaldi.

Friday evening, photographer, ornithologist and world traveler Kendrick Moholt presents “ISLANDS: Put the Watching Back into Birding.”
Kendrick will share favorite locations from the tropics to subantarctic islands and describe why he is happy to give up a big list in favor of abundance, proximity and a lack of fear.

Saturday, Dr. Pepper Trail will present “Fighting Crime with Feathers: The Casebook of a Forensic Ornithologist.”
Dr. Trail is a senior forensic scientist and ornithologist at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Forensics Laboratory in Oregon. This lab is the world’s foremost facility dedicated to solving crimes against wildlife; it provides wildlife-related crime laboratory services to wildlife law enforcement officers at federal, state and international levels, so criminals can be successfully prosecuted.

There will be multiple land based field trips, included with registration.

Oregon Pelagic Tours will be offering a Saturday trip out of Garibaldi, with a discount and priority to OBA members attending the annual meeting. This trip will Target Black-footed Albatross, Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel, 3-4 shearwaters, 3 jaegers,
Sabine's Gull, Arctic Tern, South Polar Skua, phalaropes, auklets. Sign up on their website at www.oregonpelagictours.com/ <http://www.oregonpelagictours.com/>

Kayak Tillamook will offer kayak tours to Cape Meares Lake, Garibaldi Bay, and Nehalem Bay on both Saturday and Sunday. Sign up at kayaktillamook.com/

We encourage members interested in the pelagic and kayak trips to sign up asap. (OBA will not be handling registration for those trips).

There are many hotels in the area, from Tillamook to Rockaway Beach. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Garibaldi House Inn and Suites. Call 503 322-3338, and ask for the Oregon Birding Association price ($120 including breakfast). RV sites are available near the conference center, the Old Mill RV Park. Call them at 503-322-0322 to reserve, or go to http://www.oldmill.us/Reservations.html. Tent camping is available at the Barview Jetty County Campground. Call 503-322-3522 or reserve online <http://www.co.tillamook.or.us/gov/parks/Campgrounds.htm>. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Garibaldi House Inn and Suites. Call 503 322-3338, and ask for the Oregon Birding Association price ($120 including breakfast).

Registration cost will not increase this year. OBA members $25, family $30; nonmembers $35 and nonmember families $40. Registration for the annual meeting will be online, and will open Friday, July 6. We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information, check our website http://www.orbirds.org/ <http://www.orbirds.org/>

Thank you,

Kathy Krall
for the OBA board