Date: 6/1/18 11:12 am
From: Jory Teltser via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Interesting shorebird - GREENSHANK?
Wow! I should also mention that a CURLEW SANDPIPER was found today in RH
and a Ruff was seen a couple days ago on Cape Cod.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 2:03 PM, Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <
<ctbirds...> wrote:

> 6/1. I just 1:45 chatted with Plover/Tern researchers, Eva Holland and
> Rebecca Foster. They told me they saw a shorebird yesterday, 5/31 about
> 3pm, at SANDY POINT, West Haven that could fit the description of COMMON
> GREENSHANK. They said it was yellowlegs like, in flight WAS SLATE GRAY,
> showed White going up the back, and gave a call they didn’t recognize. No
> photos.
>
> There are no records in CT of this rare visitor from Europe and Asia, but
> one occurred last fall at Brigantine (Forsythe NWR) in New Jersey.
>
> Be on the lookout! And obtain photos if you see any unusual shorebirds.
>
> Frank Mantlik
> Stratford
>

> Sent from my iPhone

Jory Teltser:
President of the CTYBC, and Member of the Land Management Committee at
Aspetuck Land Trust
Westport
*Check out the Connecticut Young Birders Blog!*
https://connecticutybc.wordpress.com/