Date: 5/31/18 3:16 pm
From: Jerry McWilliams <0000001b5c226889-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Erie County, Presque Isle Hawk Watch for May 31, 2018

Unknown Falcon 0 0 1
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 8 11

Total: 221 2519 20326

Observation start time: 07:00:00
Observation end time: 13:15:00
Total observation time: 6.25 hours

Official Counter: Jerry McWilliams

Observers: Jerry McWilliams, Russ States

Visitors:
Russ States assisted with the count. Don Nixon, Bonnie Ginader, and Ruth
Swaney. A special thanks goes out to Russ States for making the long drive
from Oil City to help with the count. I would also like to thank all
others who assisted with the count and to the many visitors who stopped by.
Thank you HMANA for making handouts for our watch. They were widely
distributed to the birding community and the general public as well as to
participants of the Festival of the Birds event. Hopefully word will
spread and next year will be a record year for hawk watch attendants and
observers.

Weather:
Variably cloudy with SSW wind and very warm.

Raptor Observations:
The final day of the watch for the season broke a new record high count of
Bald Eagles with 40 birds counted. There was also a good late season
flight of immature Broad-winged Hawks and Turkey Vultures. With the stiff
south wind, birds remained close to the lake all day and remained
relatively low.

Non-raptor Observations:
Great Blue Heron--1
American Pipit--16