Date: 5/31/18 11:51 am
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Ravens at dumps
the ravens became synonymous in medieval Europe with death because they
wisely saw men in armor riding out of the castle and towns to fight and
knew quite rightly that fresh gore and eyeballs (ravens' favorite tidbit)
were soon on the menu and thus followed, or even led, the knights and
yoemen to the battlefield

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>

--
Harry Fuller
author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand Dunes to Streetcars:*
https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/sfnh/
author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*:
https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/the-great-gray-owl-book/
author of *Freeway Birding*: *freewaybirding.com
<http://freewaybirding.com>*
birding website: http://www.towhee.net
my birding blog: atowhee.wordpress.com

Join us on Facebook!