Date: 5/30/18 9:08 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden, Waite St. bridge: heronry!!; WAVI nest; &c.
Hamden, Waite St. causeway bridge, today.

On the bridge: Oak, on S. side, Warbling Vireo singing on nest, easily seen from just W. of bridge. They regularly nest in this Oak. Elm, N. side. Saw a M. Baltimore Oriole in the Elm & Oak; saw two nests seemingly this year. One is tighter & better looking: nearer road, about height of wires.

Upper Lake Whitney Heronry. *Four* active nests! 5 chicks over 3 nests seen! This seems to be developing well, becoming a pretty significant site.

Of all, some pictures on eBird & other pictures & video on Facebook CT Audubon pages.

(I've had some lessened mobility this spring, otherwise I'd have given you more.)