Date: 5/30/18 6:49 pm
From: Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] eBird
The bigger issue with eBird, is that by using it your sighthings are
preserved for all time in the a secure, searchable international data base.
I would think most people would like their data to be part of a database
used for research and establishing range, seasonal trends etc.

Whatever you're using to keep track of what you've seen - notebooks,
spreadsheets, individual data programs - there is very little chance any of
it will be preserved when you're gone. Even if you leave it to a
responsible organization it likely will not end up in easily searchable
form. As I often say to contemporaries with a love of MLB, it will be like
when your mother threw away your baseball cards.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury