Date: 5/30/18 6:22 pm
From: Jill Niland <bwwarbler...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Fw: Re: IBET Montrose Bird sanctuary and proposed water park - correction
Last sentence should say Facebook pages (not websites).
----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Jill Niland <bwwarbler...>To: "<connie60625...>" <connie60625...>Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 8:16:38 PM CDTSubject: Re: IBET Montrose Bird sanctuary and proposed water park
This proposal was withdrawn yesterday after the Park District received many outraged complaints.
See Trib article: Cold water thrown on plans to put an inflatable park in Lake Michigan

| |
Cold water thrown on plans to put an inflatable park in Lake Michigan

Eric Zorn

A rushed, secretive plan to put a water park in Lake Michigan off Montrose beach appears to be deflating.

There is also info on the Chicago Ornithological Society's and Chicago Audubon's Society's websites.
Jill NilandChicago

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 6:46:38 PM CDT, <connie60625...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Hello Birders,
I just received an from Alderman Cappleman about a proposed water park at Montrose Beach - see below.

Personally, I'm concerned that this will be devastating to the Magic Hedge bird refuge at Montrose Point, and to the lakeshore experience in general.
COMMENT PERIOD IS ONLY UNTIL JUNE 5th please voice your opinion.
Thanks,
Connie

Email from Ald. Cappleman:

I learned for the first time this weekend about a proposed floating water park at Montrose Beach. After connecting with the Chicago Park District, I found out that this is a very preliminary request from a vendor that is also considering other locations. Even if the project moves forward--which is far from definite--it would not happen this summer. Click here to view what is being proposed. The project would require permission from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the Corps is currently accepting public comments about the proposal. If you would like to register your concerns, you need to act quickly: The public comment period ends Tuesday, June 5. Comments can be submitted to Michael Murphy at the Corps of Engineers at (312) 846-5538 or by email to <Michael.J.Murphy...>, and should include your name, address and phone number. My office also will be tracking constituent comments and concerns regarding this proposal, and you can submit your comments here: http://www.james46.org/resources/request-a-service/

Get Outlook for Android

Join us on Facebook!