Date: 5/28/18 8:38 pm
From: Amy Powell <schillingera...>
Subject: [Tweeters] RE: Common Nighthawk in Renton
Just had a Nighthawk calling and singing about 1 hour ago over my house. Most likely passing through as it's common to hear them this time of year for awhile and then never again. Eastward bound I presume. I used to hear and see them as a child at our property at Roaring Creek off the Stampede Pass exit. My sister and I would lay out in the logging road to watch them hunting until just before dark and they were very numerous. The sound brings back memories of my childhood camping (which we did most of the summer) although that was almost 30 years ago I'm afraid to admit...

Cheers,
Amy Powell
Renton, WA
<schillingera...>