Date: 5/28/18 7:49 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RFI: interpreting ABA listing rule 3.b.ii
I tried and failed on the Black Kite, but Jim Johnson did see it; I was too
late. It should be added to the Oregon State list. Is your record not in
the OBRC files Jeff and Jim? I thought it was accepted as origin
questionable. They aren't fancied by falconers are they?

On Mon, May 28, 2018, 7:11 PM Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
wrote:

> Either species should be quite easy to make reliable at a particular
> location by feeding it. Peanuts and a large variety other food items would
> work.
>
> David Bailey - remember the Black Kite in North Portland? I think you saw
> it too, or was that Jim Johnson?
>
> For that matter - the Eurasian Tree Sparrow (though not the hybrids that
> ensued) in North Bend would likely qualify under the rule cited below.
>

> Jeff Gilligan
>

> > On May 28, 2018, at 2:36 PM, Mike Patterson <celata...> wrote:
> >
> > A possible HOODED CROW has very tentatively speculated from downtown
> > Astoria. If confirmed to not be a juvenile American Crow. It was
> > almost certainly ship assisted. This brings me to the perennial
> > question those living near major ports of call....
> >
> > "3.b (ii) A species observed far from its normal range may be counted
> > if, in the observer’s best judgment and knowledge, it arrived there
> > unassisted by man. A wild bird following or riding a ship at sea,
> > without being captured, is considered traveling unassisted by man."
> >
> > http://listing.aba.org/aba-recording-rules/
> >

> > --
> > Mike Patterson
> > Astoria, OR