Date: 5/28/18 7:12 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RFI: interpreting ABA listing rule 3.b.ii
Either species should be quite easy to make reliable at a particular location by feeding it. Peanuts and a large variety other food items would work.

David Bailey - remember the Black Kite in North Portland? I think you saw it too, or was that Jim Johnson?

For that matter - the Eurasian Tree Sparrow (though not the hybrids that ensued) in North Bend would likely qualify under the rule cited below.

Jeff Gilligan

> On May 28, 2018, at 2:36 PM, Mike Patterson <celata...> wrote:
>
> A possible HOODED CROW has very tentatively speculated from downtown
> Astoria. If confirmed to not be a juvenile American Crow. It was
> almost certainly ship assisted. This brings me to the perennial
> question those living near major ports of call....
>
> "3.b (ii) A species observed far from its normal range may be counted
> if, in the observer’s best judgment and knowledge, it arrived there
> unassisted by man. A wild bird following or riding a ship at sea,
> without being captured, is considered traveling unassisted by man."
>
> http://listing.aba.org/aba-recording-rules/
>

> --
> Mike Patterson
> Astoria, OR