Date: 5/27/18 6:04 am
From: Mus <musbird...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] VTBIRD Digest - 25 May 2018 to 26 May 2018 (#2018-143)
My neighbor down the road here in Randolpn Center called me frantically this morning, knowing I have some birding expertise. But this one is a stumper for me, too. A pair of robins is building nests on the tops of the tires of their pickup trucks in their driveway! Every time she and her husband need to use the truck, they reluctantly remove the nest and put it closeby in a more “robin friendly” spot, only to find that the birds start all over again, building a new nest in the tirewall - always the rear tires. Over and over again.

I have never heard of such a thing! But what should my friends do? They feel terrible removing the nests. Any advice would be so welcome!

And while I’m at it here - where are the tree swallows? I have always had a pair in one of my boxes. They came back last month, had a tiff with my nesting bluebirds and then never came back again. A neighbor up the road had an identical experience . What gives?
Janet Watton
Randolph Center