Date: 5/26/18 12:30 pm
From: Mary Nemecek <0000000585d83684-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Loons in the summer in Missouri?
A great resource for information on when species are expected in the state is new, updated 'The Status and Distribution of Birds in Missouri' by Mark B. Robbins.

The book is online as a free download through KU ScholarWorks, the online institutional repository of the University of Kansas: http://hdl.handle.net/1808/26287
You can even download it to your PDF program on your phone if you want it available when in the field.

I know we aren't quite to summer yet, but it discusses non-breeding loons, in basic plumage, are seen almost every summer in the state at large lakes or reservoirs.

Best,
Mary Nemecek
KCMO

"One planet, one experiment." -Edward O. Wilson