Date: 5/26/18 4:39 am
From: Edge Wade <edgew...>
Subject: Re: Loons in the summer in Missouri?
They were probably en route north, perhaps a group that had wintered near the Texas/Louisiana coast. If they were indeed immatures, they probably aren't in a hurry to establish territory up north.

But, all that must be taken with great caution. I may be a bit loony, and once anticipated the next lake an Arctic Loon in Colorado would be found after it left where it had been for a few days, but that does not make me an expert on loon psychology.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
<edgew...>