Date: 5/24/18 8:33 am
From: Tim Kavan <tkavan_76...>
Subject: Re: Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks continue
Count is up to 20 ducks on the pond as of 10:30 am 5/24/18

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Kathy and Mark Haas <kathyhaas...><mailto:<kathyhaas...>> wrote:

I didn’t see them until the third scan of the pond. They were distant, in the shade, and when feeding with their heads down in the water, they just looked like another floating log. Could have easily been missed if they behaved like that before. Having said that, it seemed odd that they were so separated from the larger group. Maybe just arrived or nesting. Hard to say.

This was our second stop on our return from birding at Black Island. Our first stop was at Burger King. Didn’t stay long, but saw only one kingbird and a little nest material up on their favorite pole.