Date: 5/21/18 7:05 am
From: Hal Michael <ucd880...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Pheasants on Quimper Peninsula
The anser to the stars of the pheasants is probably yes and yes. There are very few areas where WDFW actually releases pheasants any more and I don't think the Pt Townsend area is one. But, many people raise them and some might escape. But, some of them will also hang on as wild birds. As I recall, there are some stocks of the Ring-neck that are adapted to areas that are more grassy than cereal grain farming (this group first showed in WA at Sandpoint if memory serves) so there may be some out there. Having spent much of my youth hunting them, a small population in heavy cover is pretty hard to detect without a good dog.

Hal Michael
Science Outreach Director, Sustainable Fisheries Foundation
Olympia WA
360-459-4005
360-791-7702 (C)
<ucd880...>