Date: 5/17/18 7:29 am
From: <deerpix...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Cooper's Hawks in decline?
Thanks for the replies, seems like nobody else is noticing a decline in the Cooper's Hawk population.

I guess I shouldn't complain; I never like finding the pile of feathers after an attack or seeing a successful hunt, it's just that I'm not seeing them at all either at home or work where I also feed them during winter and early spring.

Bob Huebner
Cedarburg, Ozaukee County

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [wisb] Cooper's Hawks in decline?
From: <deerpix...>
Date: 5/16/18 9:01 pm
To: "Wisconsin Bird Net" <wisbirdn...>
Has anybody else noticed the drop in Cooper's Hawks in the last couple of years? I never used to be able to watch the birds in our yard without seeing a hawk at least a couple of times a week. I haven't seen one in our yard all year. FYI: Our yard is full of bird feeders, approximately 30 right now and there are always birds here.

Bob Huebner
Cedarburg, Ozaukee County