Date: 5/16/18 9:02 pm
From: Danny Akers <BirdManDan1231...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: Burrowing Owl - nope
It has been brought to my attention that the location of the owl was, in fact, approx. 1/2 mile north of the Delaware/130th intersection, on the west side of the road. This had not been mentioned or defined in any prior posting, so needless to say I had wasted most of my time and effort searching for this bird at the aforementioned intersection.

Moving forward, I think a bit more "direction" (quite literally) as to the location of some of these birds would be appreciated (by more than myself) to avoid such confusion. I now understand why the Minnesota birders are a bit more apt to consistently post coordinates for observations of note.

Danny Akers