Date: 5/16/18 7:59 pm
From: <esecker...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Ryerson Woods, Wednesday Afternoon
Yahoo Groups has been bad for me lately so apologies if this post shows up more than once.

I went over to Ryerson Woods this afternoon. It was hard work in some areas for warblers given that I didn't arrive until almost 2 p.m. but I managed to get 25 species of warblers by the end including a female Black-throated Blue and a Hooded Warbler along the trail leading down to Smith River Cabin. There was also a second Black-throated Blue singing deep within the woods.

Along the river, warblers were still very active all afternoon and close at eye level including very nice looks at Blackburnians, Bay-breasteds, Blackpoll, 2 Canadas, 2 Wilson's, Black-throated Greens, Black-and-whites, Chestnut-sided, Parula, redstarts, and others.

North of the Brushwood parking lot, there was a singing Summer Tanager when I arrived. Walking the road to Brushwood, I added two Mourning Warblers (one heard, and one seen right by the road). I also had nice looks at Scarlet Tanagers in quite a few places as well as many cooperative Ovenbirds.

Vic Berardi also tipped me off about an Olive-sided Flycatcher that was up in some dead trees just across the river.

Full list is below. Good birding,

Eric Secker
West Dundee, Kane Co.

-----------