Date: 5/16/18 6:12 am
From: Jo & Bob Solem <odenata...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Prime real estate for Dickcissels in Howard County— again
Three Dickcissel were seen just this week on the property that the Howard County Bird Club leased last year during the breeding season, a successful venture that resulted in a number of successful nestings and fledged young. It was a worthwhile venture for the farmer, the birding community, and most important—for the birds!

So the Howard County Bird Club signed another lease for 2018 for the same property for the same amount. It is early in the season (the first report of Dickcissels on that property in 2017 was on May 23), so we expect more to show up and investigate that prime nesting area.

Want to be part of this effort? You can contribute on the Howard County Bird Club web page by clicking the “SUPPORT US” button or by clicking HERE<http://www.howardbirds.org/MemberContribute/HCBC_Contribution.htm>. Mark your contribution “2018 Dickcissel Nesting.” We’ll keep you posted during the season.

John Harris
President
Howard County Bird Club

Bob Solem
on behalf of the Howard County Bird Club
<odenata...><mailto:<odenata...>
Laurel MD 20723