Date: 5/15/18 10:02 am
From: Ed McDevitt <mcdevitt.ed...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Sightings from our River Forest Balcony
As I've noted before, our 5th floor balcony at our condo in River Forest
gives us great looks into several trees, particularly two large elms. In
migration season it's like having one's own preserve for birding. I've sat
out on the balcony 3 times from Saturday to today and have seen the
following:

I've sat out on our 5th floor balcony three times: twice on Saturday and
once this morning. Here's what I've seen in our trees:

Swainson's Thrush 1
Bay-breasted Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 3
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
Magnolia Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler ("Myrtle" type) 1
Blackburnian Warbler 3
Golden-winged Warbler 1 (from about 15 feet, a branch very near the balcony)
Black and White Warbler 2
Chimney Swift 8
Yellow-throated Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Connecticut Warbler 2 (1 from about 15 feet, same branch, for extended time)
Blue-winged Warbler

Ed McDevitt
Executive Director
Public Art Chicago