Date: 5/15/18 7:55 am
From: Russell Benedict <BenedictR...>
Subject: [ia-bird] my poor students
I am sitting in the Vermeer Science Center at Central College in Pella giving a final to my Ornithology class, and the trees outside the window are swarming with birds. The students are trying to focus on their test while American Redstarts, Chestnut-sided Warblers, Tennessee Warblers, Blackpoll Warblers, Yellow Warblers, Black-throated Green Warblers, and Swainson's Thrushes dance around within ten feet of the window. And I am not helping sitting at the front desk with my binoculars glued to my face. What a spring!! Russ.

Russ Benedict

Professor of Biology

Director of Prairies For Agriculture Project

Department of Biology, Central College

812 University Street | Campus Box 09 | Pella, Iowa 50219
Office: 641-628-5173
[http://departments.central.edu/centralcommunications/files/2012/09/centralCollegeEmailLogo.png]